What does this massage do?
A Lymph Drainage Massage uses very light pressure and long, gentle, rhythmic strokes to increase the flow of lymph and help reduce toxins in your body.
The lymph system is part of your body’s immune system and helps fight infection. Lymph itself is a clear, slightly yellow fluid. It transports nutrients and oxygen to cells, collecting toxins on the way and flushing them out through the lymph nodes. You have around twice as many lymph vessels as blood vessels in your body. However, unlike blood, which is pumped around by your heart, the lymph system has no pump. The pressure from your blood vessels and movement from your muscles push the lymphatic fluid around.
The health benefits of a Lymph Drainage Massage
Because lymph is key to keeping your immune system working properly, improving the flow and drainage of lymph around the body is good for you in lots of ways:
- it helps your body fight off infection and speeds up healing and recovery from illness.
- help reduce water retention; for instance, because the lymph system has no pump, if you sit for a long time without moving, the lymph can’t flow easily — this is why you may experience swollen feet or fingers.
- boost weight loss, as improving the lymphatic system will improve your metabolic rate, which helps you burn calories more efficiently.
- used in the treatment of lymphoedema.
- helps in the treatment of cellulite; the massage increases blood flow and circulation to the affected areas, which helps the body break down the toxins which cause dimply skin.
- speeding up healing in scar tissue and improve the appearance of stretch marks.
Lymph Drainage Massage and Cryotherapy for Slimming
Lymph Drainage massage and Cryotherapy are combined as an effective treatment for cellulite and problem fatty areas such as stomach, hips, double chin, inner & outer thighs and arms.
Firstly, we increase the blood circulation with Cryotherapy and speed up the cellular metabolism with the super cool nitrogen gas. This brings in healthy nutrients and oxygen to help break down fatty tissue and stimulate elastin and collagen production to help firm the skin.
The second part of the treatment is to follow up after Cryotherapy with a Lymph Drainage massage. The massage helps to drain out the excess water, toxins and increase the blood circulation. The combination of the two treatments helps to increase metabolism and firms skin. Find out more.