Some interesting facts on how massage can help deal with stress and fatigue:
- Healthy touch of any kind can reduce the heart rate and lower blood pressure
- Touch and massage stimulates the release of endorphins, the body’s natural pain killers
- During a massage the body instantly gets relaxed and stress levels are reduced; the same effect as 7 to 8 hours of good sleep
- Massage increases circulation, which removes waste products and brings in healing nutrients
- As with exercise, massage has the greatest benefit when you receive it regularly
- Research indicates massage therapy can boost immunity and reduce hypertension
- Our therapists loves to talk – and more often than not just having someone to talk to also helps to deal with stress.